It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:17 am
Change font size
SBG Sword Forum The friendliest Sword Forum

Members Collections

SWIGER Collection

Post pictures of your own personal sword collections here!

Re: SWIGER Collection

Postby William Swiger » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 am

Bryan Heff wrote:Awesome pics Bill! I like the way you did that. What a collection...

The Albion viking/type x pic at the beginning really shows the broadness of those Albion X swords. One thing that jumped out at me was the size of the Ulvbane sword, holy crap that looks MASSIVE.

Also, was surprised to see how the pommel on the older model Albion greatsword is...kinda like a smashed disk in shape.

The Ulvbane is a big boy but handles better than the Albion St. Maurice I traded. If you hit someone with it, make sure you hit them on the first try.
William Swiger
Global Moderator

Postby Vincent Dolan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 am

William Swiger wrote:Image

Some nice pieces, Bill; mind if I ask what the sword 3rd from the right is? Dunno why, but I'm digging the proportions and the curve, though I'm mainly curious about the tsukamaki on it.
Storytellers and writers are all gods and goddesses, to a one. Musicians are their host, painters their scribes, and actors their saints--but all arts start with a story to tell.

Vincent's Hall of Blades. Go on; take a peek. You know you want to. Or feel free to get lost in the myriad works here in The Archive.
Vincent Dolan

Postby William Swiger » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

It is a cheaper huawei-sword I bought a few years ago. I wanted to try my hand at wrapping the tsuka until I found I really did not ever want to try it again. I sucked bad at it. Good thing is I am pretty good at wrapping medieval grips and did that one with cord under leather.
William Swiger
Global Moderator

Postby Deepbluedave » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:12 am

Bill I've said it before but I'll say it again, Absolutely Fabulous collection mate.
This is here till I can work out how to add a Photo
Deepbluedave
Senior Forumite

Postby Sean (Shadowhowler) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:43 am

What is the Katana with the green ito-maki in the first katana pic? Could swear I've seen it before... also, the Del Tin 4th century celtic has been on my list for awhile... what do you think of it?
Sean (Shadowhowler)
VIP Reviewer

Postby William Swiger » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:33 am

Sean (Shadowhowler) wrote:What is the Katana with the green ito-maki in the first katana pic? Could swear I've seen it before... also, the Del Tin 4th century celtic has been on my list for awhile... what do you think of it?

Hanwei Katsumushi Katana. Reliks had Hanwei make these on a limited run a few years back sold only by Reliks.

Here is an old link: http://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=2690

The Celtic is a sweet little sword. Not very heavy but a good POB for that type. I have a Windlass Celtic and the Del Tin is so much better.
William Swiger
Global Moderator

Postby Sean (Shadowhowler) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 am

That's right... Knew I'd seen that sword before.
Sean (Shadowhowler)
VIP Reviewer

Postby Alexander » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:19 am

Very impressive :shock: Like your taste too.
Alexander

Postby William Swiger » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Recently picked up this pre-owned Dynasty forge Daimyo katana with a 29" forge-folded blade. It is in mint condition and was never used for cutting. Aaron Justice customized the saya to a clear lacquered natural wood color with black lacquered rattan accents, then lacquered the full wrap ray-skin jet black and re-wrapped the tsuka with deep brown silk. It has a chocolate colored sageo to complement the woody tones.

100_7333.jpg

100_7329.jpg

100_7342.jpg

100_7344.jpg

100_7339.jpg

100_7334.jpg

100_7351.jpg

100_7326.jpg

100_7337.jpg
William Swiger
Global Moderator

Postby LGMartialArts » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 pm

That is one sweet katana... mind trading it for a customized Munetoshi Tessen? I kid... yours is worth much more than my offer. :D
You ultimately have to stand on your own two feet. The essence of martial arts -- or anything -- is to become independent without relying too much on others or being affected by time or place. ~Esaka Seigen Sensei

Munetoshi Tessen Katana Review
Museum Collection Glamdring Review
Hattori HD knife review
CRK Ti-Lock Knife Review
Visit my FB page
LGMartialArts

PreviousNext

Return to Members Collections