It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:19 am
Change font size
SBG Sword Forum The friendliest Sword Forum

SBG Forum Cafe

Best/most fps and draw weight sub $400 crossbow?

Feel free to discuss anything not necessarily sword related, though strictly NO discussion of politics or religion.
Forum rules
Strictly NO discussion of politics or religion.

Best/most fps and draw weight sub $400 crossbow?

Postby Madax132 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 pm

What is the best crossbow for under 400$, unless it is extremely liable to breakage I would like to know specifically the most powerful one for sub 400$, if that one is also liable to breakage give me the next best one.

if there is only a small difference in power A lighter crossbow is preferred.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. . and I'm all out of bubble gum

You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Madax132

Re: Best/most fps and draw weight sub $400 crossbow?

Postby K. Vander Linde » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:22 pm

what are you going to use it for?
K. Vander Linde

Location: South lands, place of wind and water. South Fl. & South Holland

Postby Madax132 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:04 pm

K. Vander Linde wrote:what are you going to use it for?

Target practice, it looks like a lot of fun to shoot.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. . and I'm all out of bubble gum

You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.

Madax132

Postby Madax132 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm looking at the Barnett jackal right now. Along with any other suggestions if anyone wants to give their 2 cents on that particular one as well it'd be much appreciated.

Madax132

Postby K. Vander Linde » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 pm

I like "Tod's Stuff" crossbows, make a nice showpiece and fun target bow, http://www.todsstuff.co.uk/crossbows/crossbows.htm

their a bit higher than what your looking for but if you can they are totaly worth it.

Or

you can make your own, thats always fun, the fleemarket down the street from where i'm at sells 150 and 225 crossbows, $30-$135 depending on maker and condition.
K. Vander Linde

Location: South lands, place of wind and water. South Fl. & South Holland

Postby ineffableone » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Added this thread to the Unofficial Archery index thread for future reference. :)
My favorite quotes from Rorschach from the comic Watchmen

"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist."

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"
ineffableone
Senior Forumite

Postby Madax132 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:24 pm

K. Vander Linde wrote:I like "Tod's Stuff" crossbows, make a nice showpiece and fun target bow, http://www.todsstuff.co.uk/crossbows/crossbows.htm

their a bit higher than what your looking for but if you can they are totaly worth it.

Or

you can make your own, thats always fun, the fleemarket down the street from where i'm at sells 150 and 225 crossbows, $30-$135 depending on maker and condition.

Awesome looking but way out of my price range unfortunately. They do look very nice though so maybe when I have a bit more money, thanks for the recommendation.

Madax132

Postby Madax132 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm

ineffableone wrote:Added this thread to the Unofficial Archery index thread for future reference. :)

Fine with me, do you have any particular recommendation for a crossbow friend?

Madax132

Postby Madax132 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm

fallen wrote:Well I prefer Horton crossbows, My is a older Magnum Hunter compound 150lb draw weight. Barnett makes a fairly good crossbow. Then agian I really don't known much about crossbows.

Why do you prefer horton?

Madax132

Next

Return to SBG Forum Cafe